Sydney Asian restaurant Zilver, has given us their tips into making these yummy-looking deep fried prawn and avocado rolls….
Deep Fried Prawn and Avocado Rolls
1 whole avocado
15 medium sized tiger shrimps (minced)
3 bean curd sheets
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix the salt, pepper, sesame oil and sugar all together with the prawn mince.
- Cut the avocado into thin wedges.
- Cut the bean curd sheets in 20cm x 20cm squares (although it does depend on the size you want).
- Place the wrapper like a diamond, in such a way that the one corner is facing you.
- Take a scoop of one tablespoon filling – a thin layer of prawn mince mixture on top of the bean curd sheet and then place an avocado slice on top, then form this into a log shape.
- Fold it away from you then halfway through fold the two sides in.
- Continue rolling then brush the outer edges with a little egg white to seal the ends.
- Deep fry for 10 minutes, cut the roll in on an angle, and drizzle with mayonnaise to taste.